In case of doubt about the accuracy of results, please perform a test with the control solution.
Important information about testing with the control solution
The control solution contains a known quantity of glucose which reacts with the test strips and is used to check that your blood glucose meter and test strips work properly together.
Test results with the control solution must be within the result range printed on the test strip vial.
Equipment needed to perform a control solution test
- iHealth Gluco (BG5).
- Test strip.
- iHealth control solution (Level II).
When should a test with control solution be carried out?
- When first unpacking your blood glucose meter.
- Periodic inspection (recommended once a week).
- When opening a new vial of test strips.
- When the blood glucose meter and/or test strips are not operating correctly.
- When your blood glucose level read is not what you expected (according to your general condition / feeling) or you think the result is inaccurate.
- After the tests trips have been exposed to extreme conditions (heat, cold, humidity).
- After dropping your blood glucose meter or a shock.
Conducting a test with the control solution
When the blood glucose meter is connected to the iHealth Gluco-Smart app on your smartphone:
- Start the iHealth Gluco-Smart app.
- Go to MENU > Settings > Press "Test with control solution".
- Apply the control solution:
- Shake the control solution vial before using.
- Pour a drop of control solution into the control solution cap or on any other clean and healthy medium. For best results, it is recommended to conduct the test with the second drop (discard the first drop).
- Bring the blood glucose meter and test strip to the control solution drop to absorb it. When the window for checking absorption is completely filled, the app begins a 5-second countdown. You can remove the blood glucose meter and test strip from the droplet of control solution once the countdown begins.
Note: To avoid contaminating the rest of the control solution, do not apply the control solution droplet directly on the test strip.
- Read the result and compare it to the result range printed on the test strip vial.
The result displayed in the app must be within the result range printed on the test strip vial. If the result is outside this range, please perform a new test with a new test strip.
Test result outside result range
Test result outside result range printed on the vial can be caused by:
- An error in performing the test. Please repeat the test following the procedure above step by step.
- An expired or contaminated control solution. Obtain a new control solution and perform a new test.
- An expired or contaminated test strip. Obtain new test strips and perform a new test.
- A defective blood glucose meter.
If the test results obtained with the control solution continue to be outside the range of values printed on the test strip vial, retest with a new test strip from a new vial.
If the result still falls outside the range of values printed on the vial, do not use the meter, test strips, or control solution and contact iHealth Customer Service.
Please sign in to leave a comment.