Our activity trackers use Bluetooth 4.0 technology (also known as Bluetooth Smart or BLE). This new technology no longer requires manual pairing using the Bluetooth menu of your compatible smartphone.
If you experience difficulties signing in on first use, please perform the following troubleshooting steps:
Make sure that Bluetooth is activated and for this first use a stable WiFi/3G/4G connection that is well established on your Android smartphone.
On the tracker:
- Press and hold the tracker button. Release the button when the message "Restart complete" is displayed on the tracker screen (after about 10 seconds).
On your smartphone:
- Close all apps running in the background. To do this, press the home button of your Smartphone and swipe all open applications left or right (this procedure is different on some Android smartphones. Please consult the instructions for your device)
- Deactivate Bluetooth from the Settings menu
Note - Before turning off Bluetooth, if the AM3 tracker appears in the "Paired devices" list in the Bluetooth menu, you must remove it from the list. Click the "Setting" icon to the right of the device > Unpair.
Restart the smartphone
- Re-enable Bluetooth (Do not try to pair your tracker manually at this stage!!)
- Launch the iHealth MyVitals app and sign in to your iHealth account.
- MENU > Set up my devices> Select a new device > Activity tracker > AM3.
Important: You cannot connect your tracker to a new iHealth account without first performing a Reset.
Note: if during first use the message "Launch the app to start" does not appear on the tracker screen, please contact our support team.