An Online measurement is a measurement taken using the iHealth Gluco-Smart app open on your account and the blood glucose meter connected to your smartphone.
Taking an Online measurement
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Prepare the lancing device.
- Launch the iHealth Gluco-Smart app.
- Select your test strip type:
- AGS-1000i (QR code)
- EGS-2003 (No code)
Caution - Once a type of test strip has been chosen, do not take any measurements with another type of test strip without first entering it in the app, as this may lead to incorrect results.
- Press the blood glucose meter's Memory button for 3 seconds to turn it on.
- Wait for the blood glucose meter and smartphone to be connected (steady Bluetooth icon on the blood glucose meter). See How do I install my iHealth Gluco?.
- If you use EGS-2003 (No code) test strips, go directly to step 8.
If you use AGS-1000i (QR Code) test strips, scan the QR code printed on the test strip vial lid to calibrate the blood glucose meter.
Note - Scanning the QR code on the test strip vial is only necessary before the first measurement and each time a new vial is opened. If you already scanned the QR code you can skip this step. See Why scan the QR code on the test strip vial?
- Insert a test strip in the blood glucose meter.
- Take a blood specimen.
- Apply the blood specimen to the test strip.
- Wait 5 seconds. The measurement result is displayed on the blood glucose meter and in the app.
- Enter your meal, treatment and physical activity at the time of the measurement to complete your result.
- Using the ejection buttons, eject the test strip and lancet into the appropriate containers.