An online measurement is a measurement made with the iHealth MyVitals app open on your smartphone and your account.
Preparation for a measurement
To ensure reliable measurements, please follow the precautions for use.
- Relax for 5 minutes before taking a measurement.
- Sit comfortably in a quiet place, feet flat on the floor, without crossing your legs.
- Place the device on your wrist and raise it to the level of your heart. See how to place the blood pressure monitor properly.
- Don't talk, don't move and keep the device at the level of the heart for the entire measurement.
- Breathe normally.
- Once the blood pressure monitor/smartphone connection is established, press the Start button on the app.
- Ensure that the blood pressure monitor is at heart height and press Continue.
Note - The iHealth Sense blood pressure monitor has a position sensor ensuring that a measurement will always be started with the device properly placed at heart height. A wrist blood pressure monitor positioned too high or too low will result in incorrect results. Therefore, be sure to keep the device at heart height until the measurement is complete.
You can interrupt the measurement at any time by pressing the START/STOP button on the blood pressure monitor or the Stop button on the app.
The blood pressure monitor inflates and deflates automatically. When measurement is complete, the blood pressure and pulse rate are displayed on the results page of the app.
The result of the measurement is also classified according to the WHO (World Health Organisation) statement.
To add to your measurement and give your doctor more information about your condition at the time of measurement, you can add information about your mood and activity, and add notes.
Note - If an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) is detected during measurement, an <<IHB>> icon is displayed at the heartbeat result.
When an irregular heartbeat is detected, measurement of blood pressure may be inaccurate. A new measurement is recommended. Learn more about detecting irregular heartbeat.