An offline measurement is a measurement made without the iHealth MyVitals app open on your smartphone.
Before being able to make Offline measurements, you must have connected your blood pressure monitor and activated the Offline measurement function.
How to activate the offline measurement function
- Connect your blood pressure monitor to your smartphone. See how to install my iHealth Sense blood pressure monitor?
- Once your blood pressure monitor is connected to your smartphone, in the iHealth MyVitals app, go to MENU > Set up my devices > BP7 xxxxxx > Activate the Offline measurement function.
Preparation for a measurement
To ensure reliable measurements, please follow the precautions for use.
- Relax for 5 minutes before taking a measurement.
- Sit comfortably in a quiet place, feet flat on the floor, without crossing your legs.
- Place the device on your wrist and raise it to the level of your heart. See how to place the blood pressure monitor properly.
- Don't talk, don't move and keep the device at the level of the heart for the entire measurement.
- Breathe normally.
- Once the blood pressure monitor/smartphone connection is established, press the Start button on the app.
- Ensure that the blood pressure monitor is at heart height and press Continue.
Note - A wrist blood pressure monitor positioned too high or too low will result in incorrect results. Therefore, be sure to keep the device at heart height until the measurement is complete.
You can interrupt the measurement at any time by pressing the START/STOP button on the blood pressure monitor.
The blood pressure monitor inflates and deflates automatically. When measurement is complete, the blood pressure and pulse rate are recorded in the device's memory. To view the results of Offline measurements, you must synchronize your blood pressure monitor with the iHealth MyVitals app. See How to synchronise Offline measurements.