What you need
- A smartphone connected to the 2.4GHz WiFi network on which you want to install the scale.
- A 2.4GHz WiFi router / internet box. See characteristics required for the router / internet box.
- The iHealth MyVitals app (one account for each user).
Installation of the HS5 scale on the WiFi network
- Download the free iHealth MyVitals app on the App Store then create/log in to your iHealth account.
- Pull out the tab for battery protection at the back of battery compartment. The message SET must be displayed on the scale.
Note - If the SET message does not appear, open the battery compartment, remove and replace a battery and press the SET button for a few seconds until SET is displayed on the scale with the configuration wheel icon.
- Connect the scale to your smartphone by Bluetooth. To do this, go to the Bluetooth menu on your smartphone and pair the HS5 scale.
- Once the scale is paired, a message prompting you to share the WiFi settings will be displayed. Click Allow.
- The WiFi icon starts flashing on the scale. Once the WiFi connection is established, the WiFi icon will remain fixed and the message SET is replaced by 0.0.
- Open the iHealth app: A user number (from 1 to 20) is assigned to you and the scale is added to your iHealth account. (If the popup message is not displayed by the app, go to MENU > Set up my devices > Select New Device > HS5 and click Next until the Searching step).
Remember the user number, as it will be used to identify you during offline measurements if several users registered on the scale have approximately the same weight (within +/-3kg). You can also find your user number by going to MENU > Set up my devices > HS5 (the scale must be connected to the app via the Weight tab).
The scale is installed and you can begin taking measurements.