What you need
- A compatible smartphone connected to the WiFi network on which you want to install the scale.
- A WiFi router / internet box. See characteristics required for the router / internet box.
- The iHealth MyVitals app (one account for each user).
Installation of the HS5 scale on the WiFi network
- Download the free iHealth MyVitals app on the App Store then create your iHealth account.
- Pull out the tab for battery protection at the back of battery compartment. The message SET must be displayed on the scale.
Note - If the SET message does not appear, open the battery compartment, remove and replace a battery and press SET.
- Connect the scale to your smartphone by Bluetooth. To do this, go to the Bluetooth menu on your smartphone and pair the HS5 scale.
- Once the scale is paired, the iHealth MyVitals app will launch automatically and a message prompting you to share the WiFi settings will be displayed. Click Allow.
- The WiFi icon starts flashing on the scale. Once the WiFi connection is established, the WiFi icon will display steady and the message SET disappears and is replaced by 0.
- A user number (from 1 to 20) is assigned to you. Remember this number, as it will be used to identify you during offline measurements if several users registered on the scale have approximately the same weight (within +/-3kg). You can also find your user number by going to MENU > Set up my devices > HS5 (the scale must be connected to the app).
The scale is installed and you can begin taking measurements.
Note - The Bluetooth connection is only used for installing the scale on the WiFi network. Once the WiFi configuration has been established, Bluetooth is deactivated on the scale. It is therefore normal to see the "disconnected" status on the front of the HS5 scale in your smartphone's Bluetooth menu.