Preparation for a measurement
To ensure reliable measurements, please follow the precautions for use.
- Relax for 5 minutes before taking a measurement.
- Sit comfortably in a quiet place, feet flat on the floor, without crossing your legs.
- Place the device on your wrist and raise it to the level of your heart. See How to place the blood pressure monitor properly.
- Place your hand, with the palm facing up, using the protective box to hold your arm.
- Don't talk, don't move and breathe normally for the entire measurement.
- Press the START/STOP button on the blood pressure monitor to start the measurement.
You can interrupt the measurement at any time by pressing the START/STOP button on the blood pressure monitor.
The blood pressure monitor inflates and deflates automatically. When the measurement is complete, the blood pressure and pulse rate are displayed on the blood pressure monitor screen.
Saving to memory is done automatically. The iHealth View blood pressure monitor can store up to 120 measurements in memory. When the memory is full, the oldest measurements in memory are overwritten by the new measurements. To avoid data loss, remember to synchronise before the memory is full.
To synchronise your measurements with your smartphone you must download the free iHealth MyVitals app and install your iHealth View blood pressure monitor.
- Place your smartphone near your blood pressure monitor.
- Start the iHealth MyVitals app (make sure that your smartphone's Bluetooth is activated). Then go to MENU > Blood pressure.
- Press the START/STOP button of the blood pressure monitor for 2 seconds to start it and initiate the Bluetooth connection. The Bluetooth icon on the blood pressure monitor blinks. When connected, the Bluetooth icon on the blood pressure monitor is steady and the Synchronise button is displayed in the iHealth MyVitals app.
- Press Synchronise.
Viewing results in the app
- Open the iHealth MyVitals app and sign in to your account.
- Go to MENU > Blood pressure > list.
Click on one of your measurements to access more information.
To add to your measurement and give your doctor more information about your condition at the time of measurement, you can add information about your mood and activity, and add notes.
When an irregular heartbeat is detected, measurement of blood pressure may be inaccurate. A new measurement is recommended. Learn more about irregular heartbeat detection.