Basic verifications and troubleshooting
- Make sure that the battery of your blood pressure monitor is sufficiently charged.
- Press and hold the START/STOP button on the blood pressure monitor for about 10 seconds.
- Deactivate/reactivate the Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- Deactivate Bluetooth on nearby smartphone (if these smartphones are also used with the blood pressure monitor).
If the problem persists:
On your smartphone
- Close all apps running in the background.
- On an Apple device (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330
- On an Android device: Open the Recent Apps menu and close all the apps. The method may be different from one Android smartphone to another – check your user manual.
- Go to your smartphone's Bluetooth menu and delete your BP5S from the Bluetooth list.
- Deactivate Bluetooth and restart your smartphone.
- Once your smartphone has restarted, reactivate Bluetooth and reconnect your BP5S.
Launch the iHealth MyVitals app to take a new measurement.
If your problem still persists:
From the iHealth MyVitals application
- Remove the iHealth Neo BP5S monitor from your device list.
- Go to the MENU > Set up my devices > Neo > Delete .
- Reinstall the iHealth Neo BP5S monitor.
Enable location permission (Android only)
If the problem persists again:
Since Android 6.0, it is necessary to share the location of the smartphone to allow Bluetooth connection Low Energy (BLE). This is a requirement of Android (Google) for Low Energy Bluetooth connections and not the will of iHealth developers.
So make sure you allowed the application MyVitals to access the position of your smartphone. You can check it going in Settings > Applications > Find iHealth app > Permissions > Enable location.